Top mobile application testing tools
There are some standards a mobile automation tool must meet in order to enhance your mobile QA
- The tool must be easy to use. It must be as easy as possible to record an automated test script.
- It needs to run on both native and object web properties, making identification of the components of the app as precise and consistent as possible.
- It should easily connect to the cloud
- It should enable more than functional testing to give the most comprehensive check of your app before it goes to your users.
Perfecto Mobile is not based on WebDriver. It has a native UI based on a proprietary TCL-based programming language. This approach lets testers who are not programmers select behaviors from a simple, no-coding development environment and write expected results in simple English. Tests designed with these proprietary tools may be more costly to move away from than tests written with open-source tools.
In addition to its native UI, Perfecto Mobile provides a RESTful API for integration with other interfaces including WebDriver and JUnit. Like Sauce Labs, Perfecto Mobile can provide either simulators or cloud-based real devices to run tests on. Perfecto Mobile recommends running tests on real devices. Perfecto Mobile provides live scheduled demos and prerecorded videos, but less extensive written documentation than the other products listed here.
see more on https://www.perfectomobile.com/
MonkeyTalk is open source Automation tool for Android and iOS. It supports iOS 4.0 or greater and Android 2.2 or greater.
Monkey Talk has three components, they are
- MonkeyTalk IDE – It is used for record/playback of test scripts
- MonkeyTalk Agent – It is a library that must be added to enable the testing. There are different agents for different platform i.e. for android and iOS. The agents enable applications to record and play MonkeyTalk Commands.
- MonkeyTalk scripts – Scripts contains all the actions. With the help of scripts we can test the overall functionality of an app. MonkeyTalk scripts can be written in three forms they are,
b. In tabular form (i.e. in different cells)
c. In MonkeyTalk form (In single line format, one line considered as a one command)
Robotium is a open source Android test automation framework. Robotium has full support for native and hybrid Android apps.Robotium works on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Robotium Recorder creates Robotium test cases, Robotium Recorder is available as a plugin for Android Studio and Eclipse. The ADT Eclipse bundle can be downloaded from the Android developer website
Ranorex is a commercial tool, Ranorex Test Recorder offers a very simple approach to create automated test steps for desktop, web and mobile applications right from the start. Well-designed steps can be reused across multiple test cases and that saves time. It supports C#, VB.Net to enhance you recordings!
See Test is a commercial automation test tool, SeeTest Automation is a productivity tool that allows you to perform automation testing on mobile devices like Andriod, IOS, Windows and BlackBerry.
Sikuli is a opensource GUI automation tool. Sikuli automates anything you see on the screen. It uses image recognition to identify and control GUI components. It is useful when there is no easy access to a GUI’s internal or source code.
SikuliX at the top supports scripting via SikuliX IDE (a basic script editor to load, edit, save and run scripts including the creation/organization of the needed images for your visual workflow).
Supported scripting languages:
Calabash is a opensource Automated acceptance testing tool for mobile apps,Supports Andriod and IOS native and hybrid apps.